How To Create SBI Virtual Credit Card | Credit cards can now be used without having them in your hand, thanks to a new feature from SBI. The card can be obtained online, meaning you don’t need to apply for it. An SBI virtual card can only be used for online transactions and is created online.
How To Create SBI Virtual Credit Card
What is SBI Virtual Credit card?
- SBI internet banking users can use a virtual card without a credit card. The service is an excellent alternative for SBI customers without credit cards or those without access to credit cards.
- Virtual credit cards have the benefit that they provide better security measures when making payments for online purchases.
- The benefits of SBI’s virtual card
- With this virtual card, you can shop online at various shopping sites.
- For bill payments, recharges, etc., use the SBI virtual card.
- If your physical SBI card is blocked or closed, this card can be used.
- You can use an SBI virtual card to protect your physical card from online fraud, card swapping, and card details theft.
- This card is created online so that you can use it immediately.
SBI virtual credit card creation
Using SBI Net Banking, create an SBI virtual card
Step 1: Open onlinesbi.com on your desktop or smartphone.
Step 2: Log in to your account using your user id and password.
Step3: Select ‘E-services’ from the top horizontal menu.
Step 4: Click the ‘E-cards’ option from the menu
What are the uses of this SBI Virtual Card?
- Online shopping, movie ticket booking, and railway ticket booking are accessible with the Virtual Card.
- The temporary credit card is used for online purchases.
- The validity of this card ranges from 24 to 48 hours after the transaction is completed.
- Payments for online transactions will be debited from your bank account when you complete the transaction.
- Virtual card creation and cancellation are free of charge.
- The number of cards you can generate at the same time is unlimited.
- The currency on this card is Rupees. These cards are accepted in India, Bhutan, and Nepal.
- Paying money online with this method is more secure.
- There is also a disadvantage to it. The coverage is limited as it can be used only in India, Nepal, and Bhutan. This card has a short validity period. It makes use of OTP.